Monday, July 25, 2011

Sawubona


Sawubona is the inflight magazine of South African Airways. I always remember to take a copy with me when a leave the plane, or even to ask friends to bring me a copy if they are going on a trip. Along with articles about South Africa, there is usually a featured African country. This cover, from January, is for a story on Kenya, and is especially striking.

Sawubona is a greeting in Zulu that means something like «I see you» or «We see you» and is meant to show respect. Someone always says it over the intercom on flights. I really like SAA. They usually have good food and always serve South African wine and Amarula, and if you know me, you know how I feel about Amarula.

I wonder if Sawubona will ever feature Angola on its cover?

1 comment:

Carly said...

Even the magazine on Mozambique's airlines was fun to get! Mmmm...Amarula... :-)